List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:February 27 2009 10:11am
Subject:Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for
semi-join subqueries
View as plain text
* Monty Taylor <mordred@stripped> [09/02/27 10:21]:
> > My C++ skills have faded given what I work on. What does C++ have that
> > is similar to mem_root? That is, I want an allocator to be used with a
> > variety of STL classes for which I will deallocate everyting all at
> > once but at some random point in the future. And since I don't want to
> > have to retain handles to everything that has been allocated, I prefer
> > to invoke deallocate on the allocator rather than all of the objects
> > that have been allocated from it.
>
> No. C++ does not have a thing that behaves exactly like mem_root does.
> You could build one, but it would be (and is) a bad idea, because things
> you're allocating in C++ are objects, and you need to run destructors on
> them, and because then you'd be trying to program idiomatic C in C++.

Memory life cycle != object life cycle. Mark, you need to look at
STL allocators.

Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesJay Pipes26 Feb
  • Re: Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov26 Feb
    • Re: Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesJay Pipes26 Feb
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov26 Feb
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJay Pipes26 Feb
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesBrian Aker26 Feb
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMonty Taylor27 Feb
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesMARK CALLAGHAN27 Feb
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMonty Taylor27 Feb
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov27 Feb
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesMARK CALLAGHAN27 Feb
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesMARK CALLAGHAN27 Feb
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJim Starkey27 Feb
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMichael Widenius2 Mar
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJay Pipes2 Mar
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJim Starkey2 Mar
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov2 Mar
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMichael Widenius5 Mar
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesBrian Aker26 Feb