List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:February 27 2009 2:13am
Subject:Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for
semi-join subqueries
View as plain text
Brian Aker wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Feb 26, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Mats Kindahl wrote:
>
>> recycling. In that case, any pointers into that old memory that are still
>> dangling would not be useful, since the memory is likely to be
>> overwritten with
>
> mem_root or not mem_root... I consider this to be pretty bad behavior to
> rely on.

Not mem_root. C++ has much better ways of dealing with this sort of
thing (automatic delloc when you're done with stuff) mem_root was likely
very important when it was written, and a great idea then.

Now it's just extra complexity that hides behavior.

Monty
Thread
Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesJay Pipes26 Feb
  • Re: Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov26 Feb
    • Re: Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesJay Pipes26 Feb
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov26 Feb
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJay Pipes26 Feb
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesBrian Aker26 Feb
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMonty Taylor27 Feb
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesMARK CALLAGHAN27 Feb
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMonty Taylor27 Feb
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov27 Feb
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesMARK CALLAGHAN27 Feb
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesMARK CALLAGHAN27 Feb
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJim Starkey27 Feb
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMichael Widenius2 Mar
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJay Pipes2 Mar
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesJim Starkey2 Mar
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesKonstantin Osipov2 Mar
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation forsemi-join subqueriesMichael Widenius5 Mar
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Removing Array custom vector allocation for semi-join subqueriesBrian Aker26 Feb