List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:February 18 2009 5:22pm
Subject:RE: comments and query cache
View as plain text
It is possible that someone, today, is changing a comment in order to
bypass the QC.  This would be an incompatible change for them.  However,
the benefit might outweigh the drawback.

It would be nice if your change could cut back on the frequency or time
taken to lock the QC; this is becoming a non-trivial performance issue
in these days of 8-core SMP machines.

Rick James
MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review