List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ivan Novick Date:February 4 2009 10:16pm
Subject:innodb_flush_method
View as plain text
Hi there,

The online documentation for this parameter indicates that by default innodb
will call fsync after writing to data files:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_
flush_method

However when looking through the code it appears that the calls to fsync
have been removed with the #ifdef UNIV_DO_FLUSH preprocessor variable which
is not defined on my system, thus making this configuration parameter
ignored .

Am I missing something here, or is this documentation out of date /
misleading in indicating that all data is fsync'd to disk?

Thanks for your help.

Ivan Novick

Thread
innodb_flush_methodIvan Novick4 Feb
  • Re: innodb_flush_methodMARK CALLAGHAN4 Feb
    • RE: innodb_flush_methodIvan Novick5 Feb
      • Re: innodb_flush_methodVasil Dimov9 Feb
        • RE: innodb_flush_methodIvan Novick10 Feb