List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:February 3 2009 1:19pm
Subject:Re: Question about data_file_length and key_file_length from
st_myisam_info::state
View as plain text
Hi Mark,

MARK CALLAGHAN a écrit, Le 02/02/2009 10:32 PM:
> Are data_file_length and key_file_length valid in ha_myisam::write_row
> when accessed via file->state in the MyISAM handler? I want to enforce
> a limit on the max on-disk size of a table and this might be simple to
> do for MyISAM tables if I can trust the values of
> file->state->data_file_length and file->state->key_file_length without
> calling mi_status().

You can at least trust that at the moment when the table is locked, they
are equal to the files' length.
Between locking and unlocking, I'm unclear about what happens (something
in the mi_*_status() functions of mi_locking.c).
I suggest using gdb to check, or waiting for a more knowledgable answer
here.

--
Mr. Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped>
Sun Microsystems / MySQL, Lead Software Engineer