List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kesava Poyyale Date:January 30 2009 6:54am
Subject:Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?
View as plain text
Hi ,

My two cents for the above topic .

1)Eventhough there are lot of standalone functions or stl available in
the language . If possible we can write our own for the same in the
MYSQL repository for the repeated usage . or maximize the STL usage in
the MYSQL repository . Please check all the compiler extensions which we
are supporting in Mysql before putback .
2)Since everybody knows what is happening on loading and linking time of
executable , or may leads to increase the size of exec gradually for the
further inclusion of the header files and its associated files, which
might not be using in the high frequency .
3)If time permits we can benchmark against various parameters which will
leads to better performance [code wise ] in the long run .

Thanks & Regards
Kesava Baby Poyyale

On 01/30/09 00:38, Brian Aker wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Jan 29, 2009, at 11:06 AM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>
>> yeah, i'm a big fan of using stl and boost whenever possible.
>
> We don't have a benchmark on exceptions yet, but for Drizzle we have
> found that the STL is as fast, and sometimes faster, then the built in
> code that MySQL has.
>
> If exceptions turn out to not cost us, we will switch to using them as
> well. We just have not had the time to benchmark them yet.
>
> Cheers,
> -Brian

> Brian "Krow" Aker, brian at tangent.org
> Seattle, Washington
> http://krow.net/ <-- Me
> http://tangent.org/ <-- Software
> You can't grep a dead tree.

Thread
STL, C++, Mysql Development?Patrick Lau29 Jan
  • Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?MARK CALLAGHAN29 Jan
  • Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?Chad MILLER29 Jan
    • Re: Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?Eric Prud'hommeaux29 Jan
      • Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?Brian Aker29 Jan
        • Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?Kesava Poyyale30 Jan
          • Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?Patrick Lau30 Jan
            • Re: STL, C++, Mysql Development?Vladimir Shebordaev31 Jan