List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:MARK CALLAGHAN Date:January 20 2009 6:58pm
Subject:Re: Query speedup thru multi-core processors
View as plain text
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Hiromichi Watari
<hiromichiwatari@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in speeding up MySQL queries thru the
> use of multi-core processors such as AMD Phenom.  My
> strategy is to multi-thread the execution of JOIN::exec,
> st_select_lex_unit::exec and so on performing concurrent
> table scans.
> I have searched on-going works for this topic to no
> avail therefore I am assuming that at the moment no one is
> working on this and I am proposing to work on it.  And any
> comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Hiromichi Watari

I think you might make some storage engines very unhappy if you begin
making concurrent calls in the same transaction on them. Have you
considered taking advantage of batch key access to fetch or prefetch
multiple keys concurrently within a storage engine (under the API
rather than above it)?