List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 17 2002 8:54am
Subject:Re: Table lock with join.
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Jocelyn" == Jocelyn Fournier <joc@stripped> writes:

Jocelyn> Hi,
Jocelyn> So if I want overall high performance (i.e. no lock) I should stay away from
Jocelyn> join (or create alternate tables used only with join) ?

It depends on the problem at hand;  In many cases it's hard to avoid
joins.

If you have a setup where you need long reads mixed with writes, then
using InnoDB tables is a good solution.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Table lock with join.Fournier Jocelyn [Presence-PC]1 May
  • Table lock with join.Michael Widenius16 May
  • Re: Table lock with join.Jocelyn Fournier16 May
    • Re: Table lock with join.Michael Widenius17 May