List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 29 2008 8:16am
Subject:re: [Fwd: [ANN] First release of Revision Storage Engine for MySQL 5.1]
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Benjamin Volk <peter@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hi All,
Peter> I am happy to announce that we have released the first beta version of
Peter> the revision storage engine. The DDengines Revision Engine for MySQL is
Peter> a storage pluggin for MySQL 5.1. It is designed to automatically version
Peter> data of a database table and store it in a way where the retrieval of
Peter> historical versions of datasets is easy to manage. The Revision Engine
Peter> is not a new type of physical storage engine but a middle ware between
Peter> the MySQL core and all other available storage engines. It uses already
Peter> existing storage engines (e.g. MyISAM) to physically store current and
Peter> historic versions.

Welcome to the happy group of MySQL engine writers!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
[Fwd: [ANN] First release of Revision Storage Engine for MySQL 5.1]Peter Benjamin Volk29 Sep
  • Re: [Fwd: [ANN] First release of Revision Storage Engine for MySQL5.1]Giuseppe Maxia29 Sep
    • Re: [Fwd: [ANN] First release of Revision Storage Engine for MySQL5.1]Peter Benjamin Volk29 Sep
  • re: [Fwd: [ANN] First release of Revision Storage Engine for MySQL 5.1]Michael Widenius29 Sep