List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 2008 9:29pm
Subject:Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatform
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

>> Still, it's certainly worth a try. If it'd be relatively easy fix, I
>> don't see why we couldn't continue supporting it (e.g. build with CMake
>> on one of pushbuild hosts).

Reggie> I completely agree.  We could use cmake for all platforms where cmake is
Reggie> supported and encourage the cmake guys to port to those other platforms.
Reggie>   Moving away from automake would be a dream come true for most.

I disagree.  There are more people that understands automake than
cmake and for the change is not for the good.

Anyway, having a system that supports both would be good.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
cmake building on Linux or crossplatformIan Monroe29 Aug
  • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformChad MILLER29 Aug
  • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformReggie Burnett29 Aug
    • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformSergei Golubchik29 Aug
      • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformReggie Burnett29 Aug
        • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformMichael Widenius29 Aug
          • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformReggie Burnett29 Aug
            • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformMichael Widenius2 Sep
              • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformReggie Burnett2 Sep
                • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformIan Monroe2 Sep
                • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformIngo Strüwing3 Sep
                  • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformJan Kneschke3 Sep
                  • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformReggie Burnett3 Sep
                  • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformAntony Curtis9 Sep
                    • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformStewart Smith11 Sep
                      • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformAntony Curtis11 Sep
                        • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformStewart Smith11 Sep
          • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformSergei Golubchik30 Aug
    • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformAntony Curtis9 Sep
      • Re: cmake building on Linux or crossplatformIan Monroe9 Sep