List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 28 2008 11:01am
Subject:Re: coding standards and order of include files
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sergei" == Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> writes:

Sergei> Hi!
Sergei> On Aug 27, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
>> While working on the mutex contention stats patch for MySQL 5.1.26
>> (http://code.google.com/p/google-mysql-tools/wiki/MutexContentionStats),
>> I had a few compiler errors because a couple of files include system
>> header files from /usr/include before my_global.h. This means that all
>> of the magic done by my_global to make things somewhat portable are
>> undone for those files because the special-case #define values are not
>> set. In my case, this made it difficult to get __USE_UNIX98 set so
>> that pthread_rwlock_t would be declared.

Sergei> Could you elaborate on this, please ?
Sergei> What file was included before my_global.h, and where ?
Sergei> What magic was undone, how, why ?
Sergei> I couldn't quite understand the problem, sorry :(

And to answer your question;  For MySQL server code, my_global.h
should be included first.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
coding standards and order of include filesMARK CALLAGHAN28 Aug
  • Re: coding standards and order of include filesSergei Golubchik28 Aug
    • Re: coding standards and order of include filesMichael Widenius28 Aug
    • Re: coding standards and order of include filesMARK CALLAGHAN28 Aug