List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:July 10 2008 8:57am
Subject:Re: Testing the Storage Engine API
View as plain text
Amit k. Saha wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Paul McCullagh
> <paul.mccullagh@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi Amit,
>>
>> There is no documentation, so you have to read the code. Start by looking at
>> the example storage engine. The skeleton storage engine (from Brian Aker) is
>> a good starting point for the project.
>>
>> Read the MyISAM handler to see how a non-transaction engine works, and
>> InnoDB to see how to handle transactions.
>>

> Thanks. That I believe is an answer to a question: "How do I write a
> storage engine?".
>
> However, what I am interested to know is how to *test* the storage
> engine API? Writing test-cases for *the* API, that is.

I guess this is a silly answer, but it's the only one I know of
currently to do this:

'Write a storage engine.' :)

I don't believe that the handler API has any unit tests what so ever.
I'd love to see it though!

--
Mark Leith
MySQL Regional Support Manager, Americas

Thread
Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha26 Jun
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMARK CALLAGHAN26 Jun
    • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha26 Jun
      • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIPaul McCullagh10 Jul
        • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha10 Jul
          • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMark Leith10 Jul
            • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIBrian Aker10 Jul
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIChad MILLER10 Jul
Re: Testing the Storage Engine APINidhi Shrotriya15 Jul
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIStewart Smith13 Aug
    • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMARK CALLAGHAN24 Aug
      • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIDavi Arnaut26 Aug
        • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIkentoku20 Jan
          • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIkentoku30 Jan