List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amit k. Saha Date:July 10 2008 6:26am
Subject:Re: Testing the Storage Engine API
View as plain text
Hi Paul,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Paul McCullagh
<paul.mccullagh@stripped> wrote:
> Hi Amit,
>
> There is no documentation, so you have to read the code. Start by looking at
> the example storage engine. The skeleton storage engine (from Brian Aker) is
> a good starting point for the project.
>
> Read the MyISAM handler to see how a non-transaction engine works, and
> InnoDB to see how to handle transactions.

Thanks. That I believe is an answer to a question: "How do I write a
storage engine?".

However, what I am interested to know is how to *test* the storage
engine API? Writing test-cases for *the* API, that is.

-Amit

--
Amit Kumar Saha
http://blogs.sun.com/amitsaha/
http://amitksaha.blogspot.com
Skype: amitkumarsaha
Thread
Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha26 Jun
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMARK CALLAGHAN26 Jun
    • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha26 Jun
      • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIPaul McCullagh10 Jul
        • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha10 Jul
          • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMark Leith10 Jul
            • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIBrian Aker10 Jul
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIChad MILLER10 Jul
Re: Testing the Storage Engine APINidhi Shrotriya15 Jul
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIStewart Smith13 Aug
    • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMARK CALLAGHAN24 Aug
      • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIDavi Arnaut26 Aug
        • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIkentoku20 Jan
          • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIkentoku30 Jan