List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amit k. Saha Date:June 26 2008 8:25am
Subject:Re: Testing the Storage Engine API
View as plain text
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:51 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag@stripped> wrote:
> Don't we need documentation before writing tests so that we know what
> behavior to expect? Last time I checked, there was not much
> documentation in handler.h. Also, how do you test an API on its own
> without a storage engine behind it?

Yes, Correct. We have to write a storage engine, (could be for test
purposes only) which uses *all* the API calls that are made available
in 'sql/handler.h'.

AFAI understand (which I admit is very little) the documentation for
what behavior to expect is only as laid down by the method signatures-
the parameters, the return values. Correct me if I am wrong. What
exactly is the expected behavior? How do I decide (If I want to)
whether a particular storage engine is conforming to the API strictly?

Thanks,
Amit
--
Amit Kumar Saha
http://blogs.sun.com/amitsaha/
http://amitksaha.blogspot.com
Skype: amitkumarsaha
Thread
Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha26 Jun
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMARK CALLAGHAN26 Jun
    • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha26 Jun
      • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIPaul McCullagh10 Jul
        • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIAmit k. Saha10 Jul
          • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMark Leith10 Jul
            • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIBrian Aker10 Jul
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIChad MILLER10 Jul
Re: Testing the Storage Engine APINidhi Shrotriya15 Jul
  • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIStewart Smith13 Aug
    • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIMARK CALLAGHAN24 Aug
      • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIDavi Arnaut26 Aug
        • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIkentoku20 Jan
          • Re: Testing the Storage Engine APIkentoku30 Jan