List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 15 2002 12:20pm
Subject:mysql server task request
View as plain text
Hi!

Sorry for the delayed response, but I was first traveling and then
sick for some days...

Daniel> [ Note: I am not a member of this mailing list, so please reply directly to
Daniel> me. ]

Daniel> I have been in touch with Sinisa for some time, and we have discussed to-do
Daniel> items, including the following SQL commands:
Daniel> INTERSECT, MINUS and EXCEPT.

Daniel> INTERSECT seems to be by and large the most implemented set operator besides
Daniel> UNION, so that should probably come first. EXCEPT and MINUS seems to be
Daniel> primarily the same thing, and MINUS could probably just be an alias for
Daniel> EXCEPT. So, EXCEPT comes after INTERSECT, and then MINUS gets alias'ed to
Daniel> EXCEPT.

Daniel> Are these a good place to start, or are other server assignments much higher
Daniel> priority? Personally, I think these will be fun.

Yes, this seems like a good place to start.

Daniel> Let me know if I need to do anything besides submit patches.

What is the status for this ?

If you have any questions of how to implement this, feel free to ask
on this email list.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql server task requestDaniel Packer19 Apr
  • mysql server task requestMichael Widenius15 May