List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 2 2008 5:24pm
Subject:re: Problem with privilege bits
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sergey" == Sergey Kudriavtsev <sergey.kudriavtsev@stripped>
> writes:

Sergey> Hello, internals,
Sergey> While redesigning mysql.user table to fit with RBAC system I'm going
Sergey> to implement,
Sergey> I've come to a particularly nasty problem.

Sergey> I was going to add 2 new fileds to mysql.user table:

Sergey>  Create_role_priv enum('N','Y') character set utf8 NOT NULL default 'N';
Sergey>  Drop_role_priv enum('N','Y') character set utf8 NOT NULL default 'N'.

Sergey> to store new CREATE ROLE and DROP ROLE privileges. But as MySQL server
Sergey> stores all global-level privileges in single ulong variable `access`
Sergey> in every ACL_USER struct,
Sergey> i'd have to allocate two more bits in this variable for my needs. The
Sergey> exact problem is that
Sergey> there's only one free bit left: bit 28.

Sergey> Any suggestions?

Change the variable type to ulonglong.
This is something we should do in the server ASAP;  Will look at doing
that for 6.0

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Problem with privilege bitsSergey Kudriavtsev2 Jun
  • re: Problem with privilege bitsMichael Widenius2 Jun
    • Re: Problem with privilege bitsSergey Kudriavtsev2 Jun
  • Re: Problem with privilege bitsRoy Lyseng2 Jun