List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 25 2008 9:21am
Subject:Re: Maria Engine and Got error 174 from storage engine
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Guilhem" == Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped> writes:

Guilhem> Hello,
Guilhem> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 07:20:55AM -0800, Mariella Petrini wrote:
>> I have been using
>> mysql-5.1.23-maria-alpha-pb292-linux-x86_64
>> on Linux Debian. The system has 8GB of RAM + 2 of
>> swap.
Guilhem> <cut>

>> After that I have started inserting data.
>> When trying to insert in any of the tables, e.g.
>>
>> INSERT INTO db_28.table_19278
>> (field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6,field7,field8,field9,field10,field11)
>> VALUES
>>
> (120377576457646199,379733,'Value1l',INET_ATON('192.16.0.57'),'value2','value3','1','value379733','value7379733','
>> value100 ',NOW());
>>

>> I got the following message:
>>
>> ERROR 1030 (HY000): Got error 174 from storage engine

Guilhem> We expect to release a new version early next week which has some bug
Guilhem> fixes compared to the pb292 which you are using.
Guilhem> So, could you please re-try with that new version?
Guilhem> If it happens then again, we would need more information to
Guilhem> troubleshoot it: the CREATE TABLE statement of the table for which the
Guilhem> INSERT received error 174, so that we can try to repeat the problem on
Guilhem> our x86_64 machines.

In addition, please do the following with the new version:

Take a backup of your tables.
Run 'check table' on your tables.
For any failing table, run repair table.

If repair table fails, please attach the failing table with the bug
report;  Any bug that is repeatable like this we would be able to fix
at once.

If this happens again, here is what to do (if you would like us to
help and fix the bug):

After running repair table on all tables and things are fine, do the
following:

- Stop mysqld
- Remove log files (maria_log.0000*)
- Take backup of tables and log files
- Restart server

If things fails again, try to repeat it by doing the following:

- Take a new backup of log file, control files and data
- Restore all data (not log files)
- Run maria_read_log -a

If the above fails, we should be able to repeat the problem with your
backup + new log file.

We, the Maria team, is totally committed to find and fix any bugs in
Maria ASAP. The only problem for us is to find any way to repeat the problem.

Regards,
Monty
CTO of MySQL AB
Thread
Maria Engine and Got error 174 from storage engineMariella Petrini23 Feb
  • Re: Maria Engine and Got error 174 from storage engineGuilhem Bichot23 Feb
    • Re: Maria Engine and Got error 174 from storage engineMichael Widenius25 Feb