List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Phlip Date:January 4 2008 11:33am
Subject:Re: what should an assert_efficient_sql check for?
View as plain text
> Just a note: You don't want to do FLUSH TABLES on a heavily used
> system with long running queries;  The FLUSH will block all queries
> trying to use any of the flushed tables until all queries that have
> used the table have executed.

Thanks! But...

This experiment is for "developer tests". That means tests that run,
in a few seconds, with only super-short data sets.

Put another way, the assertions don't use any of the performance
guidelines that any other kinds of tests should use, such as
benchmarks or soak tests.

> FLUSH will also only help with some table engines, so I would not
> recommend you add it at the top of the assertion.

I already optionalized it. (Ruby makes that sooo easy;)

--
 Phlip
 http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/
        • Re: what should an assert_efficient_sql check for?Phlip3 Jan
          • Re: what should an assert_efficient_sql check for?Baron Schwartz3 Jan
      • Re: what should an assert_efficient_sql check for?Phlip3 Jan
Re: what should an assert_efficient_sql check for?Phlip4 Jan