List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marko Mäkelä Date:November 12 2007 8:20am
Subject:Re: Row-based replication and InnoDB locks
View as plain text
On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 09:13:07AM -0500, Baron Schwartz wrote:
> I heard a rumor that InnoDB locks only the rows it needs in MySQL 5.1 when
> row-based replication and READ COMMITTED are used.  I'm not able to verify
> this change with 5.1.22, though.  Is it slated for a future version?

This was fixed for UPDATE statements in response to Bug #3300, by
introducing "semi-consistent reads".  You can enable the feature
by setting the variable innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog.  However,
please note that Bug #31494 is still open.

Best regards,

	Marko Mäkelä
	Innobase Oy/Oracle Corp.
Thread
Row-based replication and InnoDB locksBaron Schwartz10 Nov
  • Re: Row-based replication and InnoDB locksEric Bergen12 Nov
    • Re: Row-based replication and InnoDB locksSergei Golubchik12 Nov
  • Re: Row-based replication and InnoDB locksMarko Mäkelä12 Nov