List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arnold Daniels Date:July 29 2007 1:37am
Subject:multiple current_timestamp
View as plain text
Hi all,

Why can there be only one timestamp field with current_timestamp in
default or on update?

I've been wondered about this for a long time. A table often has a field
`date_added`, with the current timestamp only as default, and a field
`date_changed` with a changing timestamp upon updating. Basically it is
irritating me, since now I have to either solve this in code or use a
trigger. Also because I do not understand why this limitation is necessary.

Is this something that is subjected to change in MySQL 6? I haven't seen
any plans for it.

Best regards,
Arnold
Thread
multiple current_timestampArnold Daniels29 Jul
  • Re: multiple current_timestampEric Bergen29 Jul
    • Re: multiple current_timestampArnold Daniels30 Jul
      • Re: multiple current_timestampEric Bergen30 Jul
        • Re: multiple current_timestampJim Winstead30 Jul
          • Re: multiple current_timestampTobias Asplund30 Jul
  • Re: multiple current_timestampDmitri Lenev30 Jul
  • mmaping and index file(.MYI) in mysql 5.1.22-rc?ajay singh20 Dec