List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sunny Bains Date:July 1 2007 11:59pm
Subject:Re: mysql scalability.
View as plain text
Jeff,

Jeff Roberson wrote:
 > I have produced a graph of mysql writes on linux and bsd:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/mysqlwrite.png
>
> This is using the sysbench oltp benchmark.  I see long periods with no
> disk activity and almost no CPU activity where all mysql threads are
> blocked on a condition variable.  This can last for a second or two.
> Has anyone investigated it?  Is this an understood problem?

This is very interesting, as I haven't observed this during my testing.
Please post the the output of pstack (or stack trace after attaching
to the running process) during this pause.

Regards,
-sunny
Thread
mysql scalability.Jeff Roberson13 Jun
  • Re: mysql scalability.Sunny Bains14 Jun
    • Re: mysql scalability.Jeff Roberson1 Jul
      • Re: mysql scalability.Konstantin Osipov1 Jul
      • Re: mysql scalability.Sunny Bains2 Jul