List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:November 27 2006 10:54pm
Subject:Testing 3rd party engines
View as plain text
Hi All,

I am just writing a blog on the subject of testing 3rd party engines
(http://pbxt.blogspot.com/), and was wondering if this subject has
come up at all before.

When using mysql-test-run to test a different engine, for example:

$ ./mysql-test-run --mysqld=--default-storage-engine=pbxt

you get a lot of failures which are not actually bugs.

For example wherever SHOW CREATE TABLE is used in a test, the result
verifies that ENGINE=MyISAM.

In my blog I mentioned this and other things that would make testing
3rd party engines easier by eliminating unnecessary differences.

If you have a moment, please check it out: http://pbxt.blogspot.com/

Best regards,

Paul

Thread
Testing 3rd party enginesPaul McCullagh27 Nov
  • Re: Testing 3rd party enginesStewart Smith28 Nov
  • Re: Testing 3rd party enginesRonald Bradford28 Nov