List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Alff Date:September 5 2006 6:10pm
Subject:Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to
a macro
View as plain text
Hi Jeremy

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Jeremy Cole wrote:
>
> >> Some of you have already heard about an upcoming feature for
> tracing queries
> >> through the MySQL server, tentatively called SHOW PROFILE. If you'd
> like to
> >> get excited about it, here's an example:
> >>
> >> http://jcole.us/files/show_profile2.txt
> >>
> >> I am contributing and doing the work on this feature in a few stages:
> >>
> >> 0. Change thd->proc_info access to a macro
> >> 1. Add code for SHOW PROFILE command itself
> >> 2. Clean up nonsensical or useless proc_info changes
> >> 3. Add more useful proc_info changes where appropriate

The code will be changed for step [0] to a macro, as you proposed.

Some minor changes :

- the macro name is THD_SET_PROC_INFO
- it will expand to thd->set_proc_info(proc_info, __FILE__, __LINE__)

THD_SET_PROC_INFO should provide the entry point needed.

The THD::set_proc_info() method is only tentative for now,
feel free to change it with later patches if needed.

I assume these minor changes are ok, please let us know otherwise.

> >> Getting this code integrated as soon as possible will allow for
> much easier
> >> and quicker development of the final patch for stage 1 and beyond.
> Without
> >> stage 0 accepted and implemented, the rest of the work is too
> difficult and
> >> time-consuming.

I understand why, looking at the list of files that needs to be merged
without the macro.

Thanks for your contributions.

Regards,
Marc.

Thread
SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to a macroJeremy Cole31 Jul
  • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to a macroJim Winstead31 Jul
    • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroJeremy Cole1 Aug
  • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroLenz Grimmer31 Aug
    • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to a macroElliot Murphy31 Aug
      • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroMarc Alff1 Sep
        • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroJeremy Cole1 Sep
    • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroMarc Alff5 Sep
      • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroJeremy Cole5 Sep