List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Alff Date:September 1 2006 3:17am
Subject:Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to
a macro
View as plain text
Hi All

Elliot Murphy wrote:
> This reminds me - I asked the runtime team about it,
> and Kostja thought the change was OK, but preferred
> to see it as an inline function rather than a macro.
>
> Jeremy, I'm sorry I neglected to forward that feedback on.
>
> JimW also commented on-list suggesting that a method should be
> added to the THD class instead.
>
> Jeremy, what do you think of of these review comments?
> It should be easy to add this once we agree on the changes.

Tentatively answering for Jeremy.

THD_PROC_INFO probably needs to be a macro,
since __FILE__ and __LINE__ will be captured with later changes,
to display the source information.

See the result of "show profile source for query 8;" in the example given :

http://jcole.us/files/show_profile2.txt

Looks very cool.

Cheers,
Marc.

Thread
SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to a macroJeremy Cole31 Jul
  • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to a macroJim Winstead31 Jul
    • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroJeremy Cole1 Aug
  • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroLenz Grimmer31 Aug
    • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses to a macroElliot Murphy31 Aug
      • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroMarc Alff1 Sep
        • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroJeremy Cole1 Sep
    • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroMarc Alff5 Sep
      • Re: SHOW PROFILE and PATCH/5.1: Change thd->proc_info accesses toa macroJeremy Cole5 Sep