List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Loftis Date:August 2 2006 5:45pm
Subject:Disabling storage engines without recompiles (at start)?
View as plain text
OK I tried over on the general/users list and received no response further
poking around and I'm either stupid or there really isn't a generic way to
disable engines one doesn't want without recompiling.  It seems only InnoDB
and BDB have the ability to be disabled at startup.

Is anyone planning on enhancing the engine system so there's some sort of
generic way to atleast disable an engine via startup configuration?  It
would be helpful in hosted environments to be able to selectively turn off
engines we don't want customers to use without having to build custom
packages with it permanently disabled.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler
Thread
Disabling storage engines without recompiles (at start)?Michael Loftis2 Aug
  • Re: Disabling storage engines without recompiles (at start)?Antony T Curtis2 Aug
    • Re: Disabling storage engines without recompiles (at start)?Michael Loftis3 Aug