List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:August 1 2006 8:19am
Subject:Re: Bug fix for multi-table UPDATE IGNORE
View as plain text
Hi Lenz,

>> I found a bug that can cause an engine to crash when executing a
>> statement of
>> the form:
>>
>> UPDATE IGNORE t1, t2 ...;
>>
>> The problem is, extra(HA_EXTRA_IGNORE_DUP_KEY) is not called in this
>> case to
>> inform the engine to ignore the duplicate key errors.
>>
>> I have included a bug fix for the version I am using below. As far as
>> I can
>> tell, the code must also be added to mysql_multi_update_prepare() in
>> version
>> 5.1.
>
> Thanks a lot! Would it possible to provide a diff against the last 5.1
> snapshot?

I am just starting work on 5.1 this week, so I will look into it...

> And for bug fixes like that it may make sense to
> open a bug report and attach the patch to the report. Sometimes stuff
> can fall
> through the cracks on a mailing list...

Will do!

Best regards,

Paul

Thread
mysql architectureGirish Maskeri Rama2 Jun
  • Re: mysql architectureJim Winstead2 Jun
RE: mysql architectureGirish Maskeri Rama5 Jun
  • RE: mysql architecturePetr Chardin5 Jun
    • Bug fix for multi-table UPDATE IGNOREPaul McCullagh19 Jul
      • Re: Bug fix for multi-table UPDATE IGNORELenz Grimmer27 Jul
        • Re: Bug fix for multi-table UPDATE IGNOREPaul McCullagh1 Aug