List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Md Lazreg Date:July 31 2006 4:47am
Subject:new customized mysql thread
View as plain text
Hi,

I wanted to add an additional thread to the mysql process. The goal of this
thread is to do some cron jobs like database backups...

Basically I do not want to have my cron jobs as separate processes but as
part of the mysql process itself...

I know that mysql already has some threads implemented :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-threads.html

what I want is to add a customized one...

Can you please guide me or comment on this before I dive in mysql source
code?

Thanks

Thread
new customized mysql threadMd Lazreg31 Jul
  • Re: new customized mysql threadJim Winstead31 Jul