List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:April 5 2006 6:28pm
Subject:RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)
View as plain text
If I could use Perl, I would do...

1. Get output from "SHOW CREATE TABLE foo"
2. foreach line:
2a.  if ($lin =~ m{^\s*PRIMARY KEY.*\((.*)\)})
             commalist of keys in the PK is in $1
2b.  if ($lin =~ m{^\s*UNIQUE.*\((.*)\)})
     AND you don't already have the PK,
             commalist of keys in the PK is in $1

Thread
getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux1 Apr
  • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)SGreen3 Apr
    • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux3 Apr
      • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux5 Apr
        • RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Rick James5 Apr
          • RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Stewart Smith6 Apr
          • RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Stewart Smith6 Apr
        • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik6 Apr
          • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux6 Apr
            • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik10 Apr
              • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux15 Apr
                • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik18 Apr
                • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sanja Byelkin18 Apr
  • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik3 Apr
Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik10 Apr
  • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux10 Apr
    • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux11 Apr