List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:April 3 2006 8:33am
Subject:Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)
View as plain text
Hi!

On Apr 01, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> How can I, during query parsing on the server, efficiently find what
> field is labeled as a primary key for a given table?

Generally, you cannot do it.
During the parsing you only do syntax checks. Later, tables are
identified and opened - and then you have access to table structure and
can find a primary key.

> I have only seen this done when the client asks the question, which it
> does with a particular query. I'm hoping not to have to do a query
> while parsing, but will if I have to. I currently share no info
> between queries. (how do I do that, anyways?)

Store the information in THD.
Or, you want to share information between _connections_ ?

Regards,
Sergei

--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  MySQL AB, Senior Software Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Kerpen, Germany
       <___/  www.mysql.com
Thread
getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux1 Apr
  • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)SGreen3 Apr
    • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux3 Apr
      • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux5 Apr
        • RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Rick James5 Apr
          • RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Stewart Smith6 Apr
          • RE: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Stewart Smith6 Apr
        • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik6 Apr
          • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux6 Apr
            • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik10 Apr
              • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux15 Apr
                • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik18 Apr
                • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sanja Byelkin18 Apr
  • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik3 Apr
Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Sergei Golubchik10 Apr
  • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux10 Apr
    • Re: getting table meta data (primary key, in this case)Eric Prud'hommeaux11 Apr