List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sasha Date:October 19 2000 1:54am
Subject:Access to MySQL source tree
View as plain text
We have opened public read-only access to our development tree, the information
on how to get the source is found at
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/commented/manual.php?section=Installing_source_tree

I copy and paste it here for the lazy/browserless:

Below are the instructions to obtain our most recent development source tree:

     Download BitKeeper from http://www.bitmover.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi
     Follow the instructions to install it
     Once BitKeeper is installed, bk clone bk://work.mysql.com:7000 mysql - the
initial download may
     take a while, depending on the speed of your connection
     cd mysql; bk -r edit; aclocal; autoheader; autoconf; automake; ./configure
     with your favorite options, and then make - you will need GNU
autoconf/automake, libtool, and m4 to do this. . We have
     a collection of our standard configure scripts in the BUILD/ subdirectory -
if you are lazy, you can do
     BUILD/compile-pentium-debug . It will actually work on a lot of none-x86
machines despite its name.
     Once the build is done, make install. Be careful with this on a production
machine - this may overwrite your live
     release binary. We recommend that if you have another installation of MySQL
that you ./configure with different
     values for basedir, datadir, bindir, sbindir, libexecdir, tcp-port, and
unix-socket-path
     Play hard with your new installation and try to make the new feature crash.
Report bugs to bugs@stripped. As
     always, make sure you have a full test case for the bug that we can run.
     If you have gotten to the make stage and it does not compile, please report
it to bugs@stripped. If you have
     installed the update version of the required GNU tools, and they crash
trying to process our configuration files, please
     report it also. However, if you execute aclocal and get command not found,
or a similar problem, do not report
     it - make sure all the needed tools are installed and your PATH variable is
set correctly.
     After the initial bk clone, do bk pull to get the updates
     You can examine change history to the tree with all the cool diffs with bk
sccstool. If you see some funny diffs or
     code that you have a question about, do not hesitate and e-mail
internals@stripped. Also if you think you have a
     better idea on how to do something, send an email to the same place with a
patch - bk diffs with produce a patch
     for you after you have made changes to the source. If you do not have the
time to code your idea, just send a description.
     BitKeeper has a nice help utility - bk helptool

--
MySQL Development Team