List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Meyer Date:September 28 2000 5:04am
Subject:porting to Darwin/Mac OS X
View as plain text
Hi,

I've been working on porting mysql to Darwin (and equivalently Mac OS
X Public Beta). Currently I have everything building and running with
some caveats.

The main difference for building under Mac OS X compared to Mac OS X
Server is that the OS is now 'darwin' instead of 'rhapsody' AND Mac
OS X seems to have a Posix compliant pthreads implementation.

But... Darwin/OSX is still missing pthread_kill. How does the BSD
build handle the lack of pthread_kill? Is there anyone with specific
knowledge on this who can help me finish the port? (my port of mysql
is actually running, it just won't shutdown properly AND my thread
patches are dubious).

Also, I would like to get the 'darwin' support added to the more
mundance files like config.guess and configure.in. Is this the right
place to post patches and questions about my changes?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. I cross posted to 'internals' and 'developer', not being sure
which one to use.
Thread
porting to Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer1 Oct
  • porting to Darwin/Mac OS XMichael Widenius1 Oct
    • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer2 Oct
      • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XMichael Widenius3 Oct
        • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer9 Oct
          • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS Xsinisa9 Oct
          • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XMichael Widenius11 Oct
            • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XNick Kledzik19 Oct
  • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS Xsasha11 Oct
Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XThimble Smith1 Oct