List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 9 2001 2:34pm
Subject:Re: Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped> writes:

Sasha> On Monday 08 January 2001 17:19, Michael Widenius wrote:
>> Hi!

jnp> Since between 3.23.28 and 3.23.30 some changes were made so mysql
jnp> didn't compile. Attached are patches for
jnp> configure [minor extra check for with_named_curses, not important]

>> Fixed.

jnp> mysqld.cc [Mac OS X sigaction seems to be very old, cast applied]

>> I don't think I can't add this without causing problems for other
>> platforms :(
>>
>> I did instead do it like this for now:
>>
>> #ifdef HAVE_DARWIN_THREADS
>> sa.sa_handler=( void (*)() ) handle_segfault;
>> #else
>> sa.sa_handler=handle_segfault;
>> #endfi

jnp> Changes make mysql compile and run. There is still a thread issue
jnp> when trying to shutdown.

>> Hopefully you can help us track this down... :)

Sasha> This is probably because thread signal delivery is broken. Monty - what do
Sasha> you think about adding COM_SHUTDOWN to the protocol to deal with broken
Sasha> thread signals?

The problem is that we need to send a signal to be able to break the
select() loop; I can't see how adding a new command would not solve
anything.

I am also not sure this is a problem with thread signal delivery;
There is just so many things that can go wrong when doing the shutdown
(I know this from experience from the current code) that we need a lot
more information to be able to pinpoint the problem.

Jørgen, any change you can compile MySQL with --with-debug=full,
start mysqld with --debug and try to do a shutdown.  The trace file
should tell us a lot of what's happening.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)Jørgen   Nørgaard7 Jan
  • Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)Michael Widenius9 Jan
    • Re: Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)Sasha Pachev9 Jan
      • Re: Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)Michael Widenius9 Jan
        • Re: Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)Sasha Pachev9 Jan
          • Re: Patch for Mac OS X pb (3.23.30-gamma)Michael Widenius11 Jan