List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 11 2002 8:50pm
Subject:Crashing with libmysqlclient and pthreads (MySQL 3.23.x and 4.x)
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "gavin" == gavin  <gavin@stripped> writes:

gavin> Hello, There appears to bug in libmysqlclient when dealing with threads
gavin> in C. Attached is a simple (yet messy) program that shows the segfault
gavin> that occours.

gavin> To repeat, enter in your MySQL info
gavin> compile with: gcc -o thread_crash thread_crash.c -lmysqlclient -lpthread
gavin> Then run.

gavin> If this turns out to be bad coding, and not a bug please let me know
gavin> what is wrong so that I can fix it on my side.

This problem and it's solutions is described in the MySQL manual section:
'C Threaded Function Descriptions'
(The problem is that you are not calling mysql_thread_init())

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Crashing with libmysqlclient and pthreads (MySQL 3.23.x and 4.x)gavin11 Feb
  • Crashing with libmysqlclient and pthreads (MySQL 3.23.x and 4.x)Michael Widenius13 Feb