List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 11 2000 8:22am
Subject:Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS X
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Meyer <cmeyer@stripped> writes:

Chris> Hi Monty,
Chris> OK - I'm back from my vacation to Cape Cod :)

Chris> Thanks for applying this patch. There was another person from Apple
Chris> that posted a few other goodies for Mac OS X. Did you happen to see
Chris> those patches also? They fix a few more items that showed up in
Chris> 3.23.25-beta (mine were for 3.23.24-beta). I can repost his message
Chris> if you missed it.

I have applied everything that has been forwarded to me; Just to be
sure, please forward the mail to me.

Chris> I want to reiterate one point he made:

Chris>      1. 'rhapsody' (Mac OS X Server; cthreads only) and
Chris>      2. 'darwin' (Mac OS X; cthreads AND pthreads)

Chris> are significantly different... AND the 'standard binary' that is on
Chris> http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html is actually for
Chris> 'rhapsody' (Mac OS X Server). It should probably be re-labeled and
Chris> another one for 'darwin' (Mac OS X) should be posted.

I agree; Matt, can you handle the relable ?

Chris> I'll be happy to make sure everything is in order and coordinate with
Chris> the person from Apple -- but where/when are the patches you made
Chris> available? I couldn't find a CVS server for mysql anywhere on the web
Chris> pages. Is there one and if so, can you give me the URL for setup
Chris> info? If not, what other way do I have to download/verify the patches?

We are using bk (bitkeeper) instead of CVS.
Sasha, what is the status of the public bitkeeper tree?

Anyway, we plan to do a release MySQL 3.23.26 within a few days;  This
will include all patches for Darwin!

Chris> Also, of one other minor note: the pthreads deficiencies in Darwin
Chris> are now being tracked in the Darwin bug-list...

Great!

Chris> Thanks,
Chris> Chris

Regards,
Monty
Thread
porting to Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer1 Oct
  • porting to Darwin/Mac OS XMichael Widenius1 Oct
    • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer2 Oct
      • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XMichael Widenius3 Oct
        • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XChris Meyer9 Oct
          • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS Xsinisa9 Oct
          • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XMichael Widenius11 Oct
            • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XNick Kledzik19 Oct
  • Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS Xsasha11 Oct
Re: porting to Darwin/Mac OS XThimble Smith1 Oct