List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 30 2002 4:34am
Subject:Re: New MySQL privileges
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Alexander" == Alexander Keremidarski <salle@stripped>
> writes:

Alexander> Hi,
Alexander> CREATE_TEMPORARY_Priv i.e. user can create temporary tables and gain
Alexander> full set of privileges on these tables without need to have CREATE_Priv

One 'should' always have the full rights to any temporary tables on
create

The problem is however that we need to change how the current
privileges are checked to allow this.  Current we only check the
privileges when one does a DROP TABLE;  In the future we would need to
check first if there is a matching temporary table and then, if there
wasn't, check the normal privileges.

This could be tricky when one tries to do things like

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE mysql.user (a int);
DROP TABLE mysql.user,mysql.user;

It's however probably a good idea to have a privilege to be able to create
temporary tables.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius27 Jan
  • RE: New MySQL privilegesJorge del Conde27 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesSinisa Milivojevic28 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesBrian Aker27 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesSinisa Milivojevic29 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesSasha Pachev28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski30 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesJeremy Zawodny31 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski31 Jan
RE: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan