List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 30 2002 4:20am
Subject:RE: New MySQL privileges
View as plain text
hi!

Steven> <CUT>
>> Do anyone have a suggestion for any other privilege we should
>> add at the same time ?

Steven> I don't know if this would be the right place, but my request would be a
Steven> way to limit connections per user. For example, I don't want the web
Steven> server to use up all the connections. I know one extra is reserved for
Steven> someone with process privs, but it would be great if this could be
Steven> configured. For example, user 'web' could be given 290 max, user 'admin'
Steven> could get 9, and root reserves one. Then a web based admin area could
Steven> get through (with frames, web based admin uses more than one connection)
Steven> without resorting to ssh and command line.

Currently MySQL 4.0 already supports the option -O

max_user_connections=#

which limits the number of connection for any user.

At the same time we now change the mysql.user table, we can add a
field for 'max_connections', so that we can easily extend this to have
different number of connections / user in the near future.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius27 Jan
  • RE: New MySQL privilegesJorge del Conde27 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesSinisa Milivojevic28 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesBrian Aker27 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesSinisa Milivojevic29 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesSasha Pachev28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski30 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesJeremy Zawodny31 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski31 Jan
RE: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan