List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 27 2002 9:51am
Subject:New MySQL privileges
View as plain text
Hi!

We will in MySQL 4.0.2 introduce some new fields in the MySQL user
table, to make it possible to limit the number of queries / hour for a
user.

At the same time we could add some new privilege fields to MySQL.

The one that I know that some people have requestested is

LOCK, which will get user the right to execute LOCK TABLES.

SUPER, to be use instead of the PROCESS privelge to do some admin
tasks liiek change server side variables on the fly.

Sasha, you requested REPLSLAVE and REPLCLIENT some time again. What
was the intention for these?

Do anyone have a suggestion for any other privilege we should add at
the same time ?

Regards,
Monty
CTO of MySQL AB
Thread
New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius27 Jan
  • RE: New MySQL privilegesJorge del Conde27 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesSinisa Milivojevic28 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesBrian Aker27 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesSinisa Milivojevic29 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesSasha Pachev28 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski30 Jan
    • Re: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesJeremy Zawodny31 Jan
  • Re: New MySQL privilegesAlexander Keremidarski31 Jan
RE: New MySQL privilegesMichael Widenius30 Jan