List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 9 2000 11:00pm
Subject:Re: Question about your group porting to BeOS
View as plain text
On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 10:25:20PM +0000, Aaron Kushner wrote:

> I saw an article mentionining that the MySQL team was going to port
> to BeOS. Is this effort still moving forward? If so, how are you
> dealing with the lack of mmap? I was looking into porting BitKeeper
> to BeOS and found the lack of mmap and the lack of sockets as file
> descriptors to be a problem.
>
> I did see a Be developer post a simplified mmap interface, but I'm
> not sure that is going to work for us.
>
> If you are not the right person for this question, could you forward
> it on? We'd like to be able to support you on BeOS.

Hi, Aaron.  I'm not quite the right person - nobody is, probably.

I'm forwarding this to the internals@stripped list; ports
to other platforms are discussed there (along with other things
about the guts of MySQL).

I haven't heard anything about the BeOS port for some time; it
seems like it's on hold somewhere.  I'm not even sure who was
working on it, but perhaps this e-mail will find them.

Tim
--
Tim Smith   < tim@stripped >  :MySQL Development Team:  Boone, NC  USA.
Thread