I have found a bug in the source of MySQL when trying to use MySQL 3.23.29a and PHP 4.0.4
together (in order to use phpMyAdmin) under OS X Beta. I succesfully compiled and
installed each tool alone, but I got the following problem when restarting apache: the
symbol "_strtol" was multiply defined.
The std lib of OS X and the "libphp4.lo" (that links against libmysqlclient.a) both
contained the symbol. The problem comes from the "libmysql/Makefile.in" file. This file
is referring the source file "strto.*" instead of "strtol.*". The "strtol" function is
then always compiled in the library, even if it is not needed.
The reference "strto.*" should be changed to "strtol.*" everywhere in the file except in
the definition of "mystringsextra". This "strto.c" lets import correcty the file
"strto.c" used in "strtol.c".
This issue should come from the file used to generate the Makefile.in.
|• Bug report (MacOS X Beta)||Kiwi||4 Jan|