List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 2 2002 12:11pm
Subject:CLisp API
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Bruce" == Bruce King <balon@stripped> writes:

Bruce> I'm interested in writing an API to allow Common Lisp (currently GNU CLisp
Bruce> 2.26) programs to connect to MySQL, mostly for fun, partly for education.  But
Bruce> I can't find any information on the protocol used in the conversation between
Bruce> the client and the server, so I'm not sure where to begin.  Is such
Bruce> documentation available?

What you should do is to link the MySQL client code to GNU lisp and
add an interface from lisp on top of this.

This will make your job much easier. It will also ensure that you
don't have to do big changes in your code when we update the protocol
in the future!

Regards,
Monty

--