List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 1 2002 2:14pm
Subject:Re: 4.0.1?
View as plain text
Hi!

Franklin> Michael Widenius wrote:

>> Because of how our build process works, the windows release is always
>> 2-7 days behind the source and Unix binary releases.

Franklin> It has been 7 days and the 4.0.1 Windows release is not available.  When
Franklin> do you expect it to be ready?

There has been a lot of holidays, so there has not been 7 work days
since the 4.0.1 release.

Just to make things clear:

We are not dragging the windows release in any way. What we are doing
is compiling and testing it in a lot of different windows setups.

When this works without any errors, then we will do the release.

The good things is that the above procedure will help that we get all
small bugs out of our release. The bad thing is that we can't give ANY
deadline when a release is done, only 'best guesses', which may be off
with weeks if we find something unexpected.

In other words, please patient;  It will be released as soon as it's
ready.

For those that this is not 'good enough', you can always download the
latest source from our bitkeeper repository and compile it yourself.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
4.0.1?Franklin Schmidt23 Dec