List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 29 2001 7:37pm
Subject:Migrating xBase files to MySQL
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

JR> 	I wrote a Java app that converts the xBase files to CSV text files
JR> and used the LOAD DATA command. Load data was by far the fastest of the
JR> options I tried. Using LOAD DATA I was able to load ~99000 records in 30
JR> seconds. It took between 20 and 30 minutes using the other methods. I would
JR> like to modify MySQL or write a utility to load xBase files using the method
JR> underlining the LOAD DATA command. Do this sound doable?

Yes.

JR> Can some suggest a starting point?

I would like to suggest that you shoud first try to modify the
db2mysql to write the result to a tab separated text file and then use
LOAD DATA to read the file into MySQL.

JR> I there any documentation on building MySQL on Win32?

If you are using Microsoft VC++, then you just have to download the
MySQL windows source and use the project files included with it to
compile MySQL.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Migrating xBase files to MySQLJR Ruggentaler26 Nov
  • Migrating xBase files to MySQLMichael Widenius29 Nov
RE: Migrating xBase files to MySQLJR Ruggentaler29 Nov