List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:December 21 2000 7:50am
Subject:Re: timestamps in binlogs
View as plain text
On Wednesday 20 December 2000 12:06, Aaron Ingram wrote:
>Should the binlog retain the actual timestamp used during an insert/update?
>If a slave is down for a while and later replicates statements with null
>timestamps, the slave will have different data from the master.

It should, although it was broken by accident in 3.23.27, and fixed in
3.23.28.

Aaron - noticed that you are using replication and "digging deep" to find and
report bugs - you may want to download the 3.23.29a source distribution and
start writing test cases ( see mysql-test directory in the source) to make
sure that no issues that are critical for you will slip by in our pre-release
tests.

--
MySQL Development Team