List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Satish Kumar Date:October 6 2000 12:04am
Subject:New to mySQL and PHP
View as plain text
Hello Folks,

I am new to mySQL. I am planning to develop a website using mySQL. I am
hosting my site on non-windows platform, but my development will be done on
windows platform. I have access to my database on only through f-secure.

1. How should I plan to develop, test and implement.
2. Do I need to have local mySQL installed on my windows environment for
testing purpose or can I directly connect to mySQL database on hosting
server.
3. What is the best combination to mySQL?. (I guess, PHP)
4. Being new to both mySQL and PHP, is there any reference or steps I need
to follow to be able to quickly get my hands of development?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

with best regards,
SK