List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 16 2001 9:36pm
Subject:Re: New server/client protocol
View as plain text
Hi!

Jochen> Michael Widenius wrote:
>> - mysql_prepare(MYSQL *, const char query, uint query_length);
>> mysql_bind_execute(MYSQL *, uint param_number, MYSQL_BIND *bind)
>> mysql_execute(MYSQL *);
>> - In the BIND structure, there should be 'ulong *length' pointer from where
>> one can retrieve the length for FIELD_VAR_STRINGS columns.
>> - The interface should automaticly convert the bind data to the column
>> type that the server wants.
>> - mysql_bind_for_execute() will fill in the MYSQL_BIND structure with
>> data about the parameter (like type, max_length...)

Jochen> Highly appreciated. But think of BLOB's. It should be
Jochen> possible to pass a callback function as a parameter

Jochen> The callback function would return a chunk of data,
Jochen> be called again to return another chunk of data
Jochen> and so on. This could allow to insert BLOB's without
Jochen> loading them in memory first.

Ok, we will think about this when we do this.

Regards,
Monty

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/