List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 2 2001 3:10am
Subject:Re: Procedures
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "David" == David Chippington <david@stripped> writes:

David> Monty,
David> Not UDFs but procedures (unless I can use all values from a column in a UDF
David> rather than one value at time?).

No, UDF's only works like a simple function, you can't do anything
advanced with this.

David> There is an example called analyse but no documentation on getting mysql to
David> recognise it.

analyse is enabled by default.

David> Any ideas ?

Sorry, but we don't have any other documentation for this than the
files:

sql/sql_analyse.cc
sql/procedure.h
sql/procedure.cc

To let the functions known to MySQL, you have to add one row to the
sql_procs[] variable in sql/procedure.cc:

Here is how analyse is defined:

---------

static struct st_procedure_def {
  const char *name;
  Procedure *(*init)(THD *thd,ORDER *param,select_result *result,
                     List<Item> &field_list);
} sql_procs[] = {
#ifdef USE_PROC_RANGE
  { "split_sum",proc_sum_range_init },          // Internal procedure at TCX
  { "split_count",proc_count_range_init },      // Internal procedure at TCX
  { "matris_ranges",proc_matris_range_init },   // Internal procedure at TCX
#endif
  { "analyse",proc_analyse_init }               // Analyse a result
};

Regards,
Monty
Thread