List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Pflugmann Date:September 19 2001 6:06pm
Subject:Re: I need help with an error message
View as plain text
Hello.

Please note that the correct list for such questions is
mysql@stripped. This list is about developing the MySQL itself.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 12:02:57PM -0600, shuyan@stripped wrote:
> Could anyone help me troubleshoot this error ?
> I am trying to drop this table and re-create it, however I have found that I
> keep receiving this error message.  I receive a similar message when trying
> to create a new table.
>
> drop table crew;
> ERROR 6: Error on delete of './online_guide/crew.ISD' (Errcode: 13)

shell> perror 13
Error code  13:  Permission denied

This means that the user the MySQL daemon runs as has not the
permission to change the mentioned file (or create files for a new
database).

Check the file permissions and change them accordingly (or the user
which MySQL runs under).

Bye,

	Benjamin.

Thread
I need help with an error messageShuyan Qiu19 Sep
  • Re: I need help with an error messageBenjamin Pflugmann19 Sep