List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Weslee Bilodeau Date:December 4 2000 4:59pm
Subject:Fulltext partial word search ..
View as plain text
Was curious if it would be possible to modify the fulltext to do partial
word searching?

I understand it may not be added as a feature, but for my current
application I'd like to be able to modify the source to impliment it,
and was curious if anyone could point me in the general direction of
what ft_*() to modify (I'm assuming a well place wild_case_compare would
work),
I'm also unsure of the effects it would have on the optimizer, as it
can't call on Item_func_like::select_optimize()

Basically I want stuff like 'cat' to match 'cats', 'catostrphy',
'catman', etc.

Simaler to: like 'cat%'.

Thanks,

Weslee
Thread
Fulltext partial word search ..Weslee Bilodeau4 Dec