List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 6 2001 9:20pm
Subject:Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Cadach <paul@stripped> writes:

<cut>

Paul> I needs to perform some sequential queries (select and updates) and I must
Paul> sure that noone writes to tables at this time. For single queries I'm never
Paul> uses locks...

In this case you should lock tables that you only read from with a
READ lock and other with a WRITE lock.

Having a READ lock on a table will ensure that no one thread will
write to it.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Paul Cadach5 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Sinisa Milivojevic6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Paul Cadach6 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Michael Widenius6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Timothy Smith6 Sep
  • LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Michael Widenius6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Paul Cadach6 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Timothy Smith6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Paul Cadach7 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Dana Powers7 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Paul Cadach7 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Timothy Smith7 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Paul Cadach7 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Benjamin Pflugmann7 Sep