List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 4 2001 10:42pm
Subject:Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAID
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Tonu" == Tonu Samuel <tonu@stripped>
> writes:

Tonu> The problem is that in libmysql/mf_iocache.c there is
Tonu> #define MAP_TO_USE_RAID is defined

Tonu> I am not sure if I can remove it as I do not know anything about IO
Tonu> cache. Original intention of RAID code was to split datafiles on server
Tonu> and there was no use for it to be on client side. This is the reason why
Tonu> libmysqlclient&friends are never linked to raid code and error message
Tonu> appeared.

Tonu> Sasha or Monty, do you know, if/when/why mf_iocache.c in libmysql dir
Tonu> needs RAID? Why we need this file on client side at all? I can fix it
Tonu> when I know the answer. Should I just undef it? remove file? include
Tonu> raid.o ?

I have already fixed this in the 3.23 and 4.0 source trees....

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDPaul Cadach2 Sep
  • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDSasha Pachev3 Sep
    • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDTonu Samuel4 Sep
    • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDTonu Samuel4 Sep
      • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDSasha Pachev4 Sep
      • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDMichael Widenius5 Sep
  • Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDMichael Widenius4 Sep
  • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDPaul Cadach4 Sep
    • Re: Problems building mysql-4.0 with RAIDMichael Widenius5 Sep